In providing electricity development, the electricity industry is ideally situated to assist communities to unlock economic potential.
This is specifically true with regards to a wide spectrum of aspects, such as:-
- Downstream business development where electricity both from the planning and cost point can unlock new opportunities for communities
Other aspects includes
- Computerization for example for schools
- Education dissemination of information
- Specialist medical treatments only possible through sustainable electricity supply
- Agricultural value adding programs
This spectrum also involves the supply of electricity via solar and wind alternatives.
It was specifically identified that certain aspects such as:-
- The development of innovation at community level
- The protection of intellectual property
Can be supported for communities through the internal processes envisaged for the electricity employees union
For these reasons it is proposed that the program should:-
- provide specifically for community support
- to maximize the benefits achieved through electrification.